NEXTMEDIA SILICON VALLEY: 94.5 KBAY FM AND MIX 106.5 KEZR FM
LOCAL AND NATIONAL SALES ADMIN
Perform administrative and receptionist support functions for Local and National Sales Management as well as Continuity/Traffic backup that will assist in overall revenue growth of NextMedia Silicon Valley: 94.5 KBAY and Mix 106.5 KEZR Radio stations.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:
General Sales Manager
Click here for the full job description.
- Provide administrative support, as needed, to the sales management team (GM, GSM, LSM) to ensure timely and accurate execution of all sales-related systems
- Admin duties include but are not limited to: weekly report preparation, inputting national and house sales orders, processing and proofing contracts, maintaining contract binders for records/audit purposes, completing business forms, competitive requests, trade requests, reconciliation and tracking, spot times, merchandising, barter fulfillment, assisting in maintenance of station public files, filing, and any other admin duties assigned
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and posses proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point software applications
- Serve as key admin/point person for updating /troubleshooting/maintaining sales account management system, Efficio
- Assist as needed in copy/production process
- Ability to learn & use radio research and tracking applications (Marketron, Miller Kaplan X-Ray, Media Monitors, Nielsen/Arbitron) to support sales efforts
- Assist Controller in daily/weekly revenue pacing reports
- Preparation of month-end commission statements
- Responsible for the ordering, organization, and management of station office supplies
- Train in the station’s Marketron Traffic and Continuity functions and procedures and be able to assist and be current with procedures to act as a “backup” for the department when needed due to volume, sickness, or vacations
- Provide weekly coverage of Front Desk duties as assigned on schedule/rotation team
- Requires exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a variety of people (managers, sales people, clients, listeners, other departments, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment; function well and quickly under pressure. Must be able to deal with stress and tight deadlines
- Capable of independent work and follow-through on a variety of projects and assignments.
- Ability to handle calls, interact with listeners and clients
- Oversee organization and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, including overnight packages and paperwork
- Assist management with special events/projects which may include but are not limited to: client parties, station volunteer efforts, execution of sales promotional events, etc. Act as liaison between sales and promotion department, as necessary. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , fax to 408-278-6391, or mail to 190 Park Center Plaza, Ste. 200 San Jose, CA 95113.
Advertising Specialist - Digital and Broadcast Sales
TITLE OF POSITION: Advertising Specialist
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Sales Manager/Local Sales Manager
COMPANY: NextMedia Silicon Valley, part of NextMedia Operating, Inc.
LOCATION: San Jose, CA
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CLOSING DATE: August 30, 2013 or until filled
NextMedia Silicon Valley is a media company specializing in local digital and broadcast media products. NextMedia Silicon Valley's local assets include Next Media 360, 94.5 KBAY FM, Mix 106.5 KEZR FM, as well as their respective online presences.
The Advertising Specialist with NextMedia Silicon Valley will use existing contacts as well as their refined prospecting and business development skills to build a local (Silicon Valley; Bay Area) client base.
Aspiring and Experienced Sales Professionals:
Bring your prospecting and presentation skills into a competitive and dynamic sales and digital marketing environment. This is an opportunity to advance within one of the country's most entrepreneurial digital and broadcast media companies.
NextMedia Silicon Valley seeks an aggressive ADVERTISING SPECIALIST for its San Jose office. Position requires creativity and provides an opportunity to create and sell broadcast radio, digital platforms including SEO, web design, mobile marketing, social media consulting/advertising and event based marketing/advertising programs to a variety of businesses.
Outside sales experience is preferred, but not required; online sales experience a plus. An extensive training program is provided. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must. The Advertising Specialist position has tremendous short and long-term earning potential and requires conceptual selling and negotiating skills. The ability to prospect and generate a large number of leads and face-to-face appointments is also a must.
If you are persistent and love sales with virtually unlimited prospect and category opportunities, please email your resume to email@example.com , fax to 408-278-6391, or mail to 190 Park Center Plaza, Ste. 200 San Jose, CA 95113.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Click here for the full job description.
Mix 106.5 Morning Host Job Opening
Work on-air Monday-Friday 4:30a and 9a and other airshifts as required.
Must research relevant daily material to be well versed in what is current and topical.
Provide adequate preparation for daily airshift with use of creativity, imagination, and exercise of professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be relatable to the station target audience.
Must make approved appearances both paid and non-paid. Be a station ambassador when out in the public.
Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of Mix 106.5, NextMedia Group, Inc., the Federal Communications Commission and all other federal, state and local laws.
Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
Must maintain a regular social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and help update the station website.
Participate in daily meetings with Program Director and attend all station staff meetings.
Participate in regular voiceover and production of paid and non paid spots required to run on the station.
Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the station’s operation are aired.
Must have a minimum of three years experience of hosting an on air radio morning show.
Must have a minimum of three years on-air experience with Hot AC or CHR radio.
Radio Board Operations
Adobe Production editing experience
Social Media experience with Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus
190 Park Center Plaza Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone number: 408 287-5775
Fax: 408 278-3341
NextMedia Group, Inc. is an EOE.