6 things you can at least try…thanks to Huffington Post
- Do something fun you did as a kid. Think about when you were happy during the holidays and recreate it. Maybe it was as simple as watching a favorite holiday movie. Try to recapture the magic again.
- Do something selfish. Everyone deserves “you-time during the holidays, just like the rest of the year. So do something just for you, even if it’s afternoon nap. Don’t waste time on guilt, make yourself a spa or massage appointment.
- Go outside. Even if it’s cold!!! You need fresh air especially if you’ve been spending a lot of time in the malls.
- Volunteer. Helping others is a great way to feel better. Just make sure it’s something you love to do or someone you love to help.
- Honor people who have passed. It can be depressing remembering people you’ve loved and lost. So honor them by making their favorite food, or drink or do something they loved.
- Forgive your family. They may be annoying or mean but they probably love you. So do yourself a favor and let go of any anger or resentment.